UPDATED: MAY 20140
1) That Noah would say mamma or dadda
2) Noah would be able to learn to sit independently
3) That he would be able to learn to self-feed himself
4) Being able to crawl and walk
5) Be able to share with the world himself what a miracle he is and how God has helped him.
1) Noah has learned to roll over on his own
2) He is able to eat all purees and now meltables
3) He is now weight bearing on his arms and legs
4) He is now able to grab objects with both hands
5) Pulls himself up to sitting position in his highchair
Noah Mitchell Warden was born December 23, 2008, weighing 9lbs and 1oz by emergency c-section at 8:51am. Noah did not breathe or have a heartbeat for the first 13 minutes of his life. He was taken to Children's Hospital in order to have a procedure done known as brain cooling in attempts to minimize damage caused by perinatal asphyxia. Noah's brain cooled for 72 hours after which time the hospital ran an MRI and an EEG to determine the extent of the damage. Unfortunately, the results came back with devastating news. Noah had suffered "global damage" to his brain. As a result the prognosis was grim. They said Noah would mostly likely never walk, talk, eat or even breathe on his own. Noah's miracle has brought our story to all of you. Although Noah faces many challenges, he continues to defy all the odds against him.
SNYPOSIS OF NEED:
Noah's is currently participating in ABM/Feldenkrais therapy which is not covered by insurance. In a short two months Noah has learned to roll over and is now weight bearing. His body is also calmer and he is arching much less. We have found that Noah is responding very well to this new therapy and our wish is to continue with it for as long as we can. This therapy out of pocket can cost up to $1,200 monthly.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SUPPORTING THIS NEED PLEASE SEND YOUR DONATION TO:
c/o Stacy Warden
PO Box 746653
Arvada, CO 80006
You may also visit Noah's site and make a donation directly through paypal by using Chip-in HERE